Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Students' Unions polls today



BJB College students welcoming their candidate

--Campuses echo with ‘What I stand for’ pledges

BHUBANESWAR: The colleges in the city echoed with speeches of candidates contesting students’ union poll on the occasion of ‘What I stand for’ meeting held in the campuses on Monday.


As the polling will be held on Tuesday, the candidates left no stone unturned to motivate their friends by their speeches. Along with their continuous approach, they made their last-ditch effort to woo the voters.


In the BJB College, Ramadevi Women’s College, Kamala Nehru Women’s College, Rajdhani College and other colleges, candidates came with their supporters with  grand pageant to attend the ‘What I stand for’ meeting. All the candidates promised to solve college problems and gave assurance like politicians to woo the student voters.


“I’m confident about my win in the elections. Our candidates along with me have almost completed campaigns in the campus. Now, we will ask for votes through mobile messages and social networking sites which are accessible to reach them,” said president candidate of the BJB Autonomous College Tanmay Rout.


“I will unitedly work with the students of the college to address various problems. I hope all my friends in the college will support me to win,” said president candidate of Ramadevi Women’s College Ipsita Sahu.


According to the Government notification, the polling will be held from 8 am to 2 pm on Tuesday and the results would be declared on the same day by 5 pm after counting of the votes. The oath taking ceremony will be conducted on October 9, it added.

No comments:

Post a Comment