Sunday, April 7, 2013

I’m not an imported English babu: PCC chief



BHUBANESWAR: “I’m an Odia, not an imported babu,” said Pradesh Congress Committee chief Niranjan Patnaik on Saturday giving a statement on choice of the people for the post of the Chief Minister surveyed by a media house recently.

Patnaik said that he would accept the result of the survey, if it is based on truth. “I’m a political activist working for the people of the State during last 40 years. My father was not a Chief Minister or I didn’t have any political backing when I entered into politics,” said Patnaik, adding, “My dream is equal to an Odia’s dream and active in politics to bring cheer on the faces of the common men.”

He stated that he has completed his education from the village school, not from Doon school. The legends like Bhima Bhoi, Gopabandhu Das, Madhu babu, Fakirmohan, Gangadhar and Ramadevi are ideal persons for him, he added. “Whatever support I got from the people of the State through the survey, I’m grateful for them,” said Patnaik. 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment