Saturday, March 8, 2014

Milli Panda urges CM to join BJD



BHUBANESWAR: Subhashree Panda alias Milli, a social activist from Ranpur and wife of Odisha Maovadi Party (OMP) leader Sabyasachi Panda, may join Biju Janata Dal (BJD) very soon, sources said.

Milli on Saturday went to Naveen Niwas to meet BJD president and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in order to induct her into his party, but she could not meet Patnaik.

“I came here as an activist, who fights for women, not as the wife of Sabyasachi,” said Milli, adding, “If the BJD chief feels my importance, he will consider me as a discipline member of his party.”

Milli said that she has already decided to contest from her own Assembly constituency Ranpur. “If I don’t get ticket from other parties, I will contest as an independent candidate,” she added.

Notably, Milli’s father-in-law late Ramesh Panda was a three-time CPI (M) MLA.           

No comments:

Post a Comment