Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dandapani’s letter to CM: Demands fair probe of his son’s arrest



BHUBANESWAR: Maoist interlocutor and Jana Adhikar Manch convener Dandapani Mohanty on Saturday wrote a letter to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding an impartial inquiry about the facts related to his son’s arrest. He also demanded the State Government to release his son from illegal custody and fabricated case.

Mohanty said the Government has not fulfilled the 13-point conditions issued during the abduction of the then Malkangiri Collector Vineel Krishna about release of more than 600 innocent tribal and others, who are languishing in the jails in the name of Maoists.

Mohanty in his letter said-

Again on the issue of Italian hostage crisis I along with Dr BD Sharma took the responsibilities as mediators to resolve the hostage crisis and appealed for peace and ceasefire to both side.

When Sabyasachi, Secretary of newly formed Odisha Maobadi Party was maintaining ceasefire from March, 2012 to till date and a peace talk was continuing with Director General of Police by the initiatives of some noted Gandhians, intellectuals and freedom fighters, on 14th November, the Odisha Police cold bloodedly murdered 5(five) persons  from tribal and dalit community branding them as Maoists, who were all innocent civilians of Kandhamal districts. The police detained Syamson Mallick of Dahu village and Arun Sunamajhi of Gaheju village of Brahmnigaon PS in Kandhamal district from 12th November and after filling of habeas corpus in Odisha High Court on 22nd November by their wives, police produced them on same day in a press meet and described them as surrendered.

In spite of fact finding reports and press meet by different civil society organizations, the Govt. and Police officials are not in a position to accept their mistakes, rather behaving in more vindictive and aggressive mindset with the issues of common people.

On November 30, 2012, we the various civil rights organisations had organised a demonstration and dharana in front of the Odisha Assembly with the widows of deceased persons and demanded judiciary enquiry about the Bhaliaguda Fake encounter. But it is very shameful that a delegation team was not allowed or called to discuss with you.

However, we forwarded the memorandums to you on e-mail as well as by speed post.
On December 2, 2012 police picked up one Kailash Mandal from Mohana area and detained him without producing in court. On that issue I had sent SMS to various persons including DG of Police and demanded immediate production of Kailash Mandal in nearest court.

But in a surprising move, on December 5, 2012, at the time around 10 am, when my only son Sangram Mohanty was returning from garage after dealing with repair works of our trucks, the police in civil dress forcefully kidnapped him from Payal talkies area, Berhampur. When I heard the news from my wife I tried to contact with Sangram, but failed due to switch off of his phone. After that I filed a FIR at BN Pur police station to ascertain the whereabouts of my son.

In afternoon I knew from various TV channels that my son was arrested by police from Kamalapur of Mohana block area with arms and ammunitions and later forwarded to R Udaygiri court/ Jail at 2 o’clock night. Though our family members and advocate tried to meet him police did not allow them at both Mohana Police Station and R Udaygiri jail.
That, picking up of my son at Berhampur on December 5, 2012 and showing him arrested at Kamalapur under Mohana PS and forwarding him along with  Kailash Mandal, who was detained by the police since December 2, 2012 with so-called seizure of arms and foods materials is a clear case of concoction and fabrication. And the sections of IPC under which he was forwarded were awful since my son is an Engineer, MBA qualified ‘A’ class contractor and also a student of LLM.

With an objective to malign my political image and my family, the intelligence bureau and police by the help of some vested interest media campaigning about my properties which are fabricated and dangerous steps for democratic body polity. Our family is involved with the business of transportations since last 33 years as well as construction works since 4 years. My self including my family members are regular income tax payer.
In my political career, I never advocated in support of any un-democratic activities, rather support the legitimate and democratic movements for the interests of common masses. I am surprised that my son is implicated in such a case which violates the rule of law and human rights.

The pre-plan arrest of my son in fabricated cases not only violation of human rights but also an organised conspiracy against me and my family to suppress my voice for common people and malign me with a joint effort by police officials and some vested interests. I also appeal to stop this conspiracy against me and my family members.

In this context, as the Chief of the State as well as head of Home Department, I appeal you, kindly conduct an impartial inquiry about the facts stated above and order release of my son from illegal custody and fabricated case.

No comments:

Post a Comment