Thursday, October 18, 2012

Students gear up after ‘Why I Stand For’ meeting



--Students’ Union poll today

Rama Devi Women's College campaign
BHUBANESWAR: The candidates of different colleges in the city were geared up for the ‘Why I Stand For’ meeting which was held on Thursday in different Government colleges in the city. The candidates tried to impress their college friends in the meeting to get vote on Friday’s Students’ Union Poll.

As Thursday was the last day for outdoor campaigning, the candidates tried their level best to woo the student voters by applying different techniques. Some candidates attended the meeting after holding procession. Most of the candidates in their speech told about solving of college problems. Some of them said that they would help the college friends in any point of time if they win in the election.

The college campuses of BJB Autonomous College, Rama Devi Women’s College, Rajdhani College, Basic Science College, Maharshi College and Ekamra College in the city were geared up for the election. After five days campaign, the candidates revealed their election agenda before their student friends.

“In the meeting, I told my friends about my agenda for college and how I’m a suitable president candidate for the Students’ Union of my college. I shared my views with my student friends for the development of the college during my ‘Why I Stand For’ meeting,” said a candidate Sibabrata Nayak of BJB College.

“I expressed my views for the extension of college auditorium and special hostel facilities for the visually impaired students. I will try to solve the problems of the college if I win the election,” said president candidate Pallavi Mohapatra of Rama Devi Women’s College.  

The Students’ Union poll would be held from 8 am to 2 pm on Friday and the result would be declared on the same date after counting the votes. The oath taking ceremony would be held on October 20, according to the notification of the Higher Education Department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment