Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gursharan meets her 'samdhan'


BHUBANESWAR: When the capital city was geared up for Prime Minister’s visit and the security was tightened at KIIT Campus and its nearby areas for the inauguration ceremony of 99th Science Congress, at the same time Kharvel Nagar was also geared up for a special visit of Gursharan Kaur, wife of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, to her middle daughter Daman Singh’s mother-in-law Ratnamala Patnaik’s house here on Tuesday.

Ratnamani Devi with relatives welcomed her ‘Samdhan’ (relative by marriage) Kaur to her house. Kaur, clad in a red-bordered white Saree, presented some gifts and sweets to her ‘Samdhan’ and spent 90 minutes with the family members of Ratnamala Devi. The prime minister's wife had 'parantha' and curd for breakfast, family sources said.

“I am extremely happy to see my Samdhan today. It is my luck that I got such prominent peoples as my ‘Samdhi’ and ‘Samdhan’,” Ratnamala told reporters on Tuesday. While leaving the place of her Samdhan, Kaur told reporters, “I’m feeling very good. I cannot express my feelings in words.”

Due to hectic schedule, PM Manmohan Singh could not join with Kaur. While leaving the house, Kaur posed for photos along with Ratnamala's family.

It may note that Ratnamala's son Ashok Patnaik, an IPS officer, was married to Daman Singh in 1991 and the couple had been staying in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment