Friday, January 4, 2013

I’m in active politics: Jayanti Patnaik



BHUBANESWAR: “I’m in active politics and may contest in the 2014 election,” said former Congress MP and wife of Assam Governor Janaki Ballabh Patnaik in an interview to a TV channel here on Thursday. She also talked about her supporters in Cuttack want her to come to the political battle field.

“Though I was not contesting in election for last one decade due to some reason, but I’m in active politics. Still now people of my constituency are coming with their problems to me and I very often go to the area to meet them,” said Patnaik, adding, “Cuttack people are very kind to me and I have many supporters there who want me.”

Recently, a get together party was organised by Patnaik in her residence here. Most of the top Congress leaders including Pradesh Congress Committee president Niranjan Patnaik attended the party. “It was purely a friendly get together on the occasion of new year,” said Patnaik, adding, “If somebody takes it as political get together, what we will do?”

             

No comments:

Post a Comment