Saturday, September 15, 2012

Injured lady cop in rally violence discharged from hospital


BHUBANESWAR: Woman constable Pramila Padhy of Infocity police station in the city, who was attacked by the Congress workers on September 6 during the massive rally organised by the Pradesh Congress Committee, was discharged from the hospital here on Saturday, said the hospital sources.

After the attack on Padhy, she was admitted in a private hospital in the city. After ten days, the doctors allowed her to go home as she was out of danger and her condition was better. Padhy, bearing bandage on her left hand as an operation was done on her fingure recently, came out of the hospital with her family members to go home.

“I’m thankful to god that I recovered from the illness. I pray before god that nobody should be treated like me in future. Especially the police women should not be treated in the rally so badly like me,” said Padhy, adding, “I would join in my duty after complete recovery from illness.”

It may be noted that the National Commission for Women (NCW) would come to Odisha in this week to investigate into the woman constable attack case. An inquiry team led by the NCW member Dr Charu Wali Khanna would visit here to meet Padhy and also discuss with the State Government and police administration in the matter.
        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment